Home / Design / Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can I buy at BitrixTemplates.com?
The BitrixTemplates.com offers you the following choices that you can select between and purchase on-line:
- design in the HTML format (some include Flash animation);
- Bitrix Site Manager, a content management solution;
- design template customized for Bitrix Site Manager;
2. What are the advantages of purchasing a website template?
The major advantage is price: you get a high quality design for just $20-$70. You don't have to hire a web designer or web design studio. Second advantage is time frame: it usually takes 5-15 days for a good designer to produce a web page of such quality.
3. Do you provide any scripts with your templates or could you do some custom programming?
Our templates do not include any additional scripts. All forms such as newsletter subscription or search fields are inactive. The best way to purchase a professional content management system and a template in one - is to buy a template version designed especially for Bitrix Site Manager and buy the Bitrix Site Manager edition that suits your needs most. You can buy Bitrix Site Manager on this site, or at http://www.bitrixsoft.com. You can order the custom programming for the selected template at the Bitrix partner network: http://www.bitrixsoft.com/partners/order.php.
4. What do I receive when I order a template from BitrixTemplates.com?
After you complete the payment via our secure form you will receive a confirmation email with link(s) to download .zip. The .zip file(s) contain the following: PSD file(s), HTML file(s), fonts and advanced clipart library.
You will need an unzipping software to open the .zip archive. Windows users may visit www.HotScripts.com or www.WinZip.com. Mac users may visit www.StuffIt.com.
5. In what formats are your templates available?
Website templates are available in Photoshop and HTML formats. Fonts are included with Photoshop file. In most templates HTML is compatible with Adobe® GoLive®, Macromedia Dreamweaver® and Microsoft Frontpage®
6. What am I allowed and not allowed to do with the templates?
- Build a website using the template in any way you like.
You may not:
- Resell or redistribute templates (like we do).
- Claim intellectual or exclusive ownership to any of our products, modified or unmodified. All products are property of content providing companies and individuals.
- Make more than one project using the same template (you have to purchase the same template once more in order to make another project with the same design)
7. What is the difference between unique and non-unique purchase?
Non-exclusive purchase means that other people can buy the template you have chosen some time later.
Exclusive purchase guarantees that you are the last person to buy this template. After an exclusive purchase occurs the template is being permanently removed from the sales directory and will never be available to other customers again. Only you and people who bought the template before you will own it.
8. If I buy a template at the exclusive price does this allow me to resell that template unlimited times?
No. It means that only you and people who bought the template before you will own it.
9. Is it reasonable to make unique purchase of template that was already purchased before?
Yes. Because there is a very small chance that you will find the same design on the net. There are more than 3,000,000,000 webpages online now according to statistics on www.google.com.
10. Is the license a one-time fee payment?
Yes, the payment for your template is a one-time fee without any additional charges. After purchasing you may use the template as many times as you need for one website.
11. Is it possible to buy the particular image from the template?
No. According to our Terms and Conditions we never sell the images separately from templates (as well as the templates separately from the images).
12. Can I pay the order using bank transfer and get an invoice?
Yes, you can pay via bank transfer. The invoice will be sent to you after we have received the payment.
13. Is there any return policy?
Since BitrixTemplates.com is offering non-tangible irrevocable goods we do not issue refunds after the product is shipped, which you are responsible for understanding upon purchasing any article at our site. Please make sure that you've carefully read 'sources available' section. We only make exceptions with this rule when the product appears to be not-as-described on a case by case basis in agreement of the parties concerned. The deadline for any refund claim is one week after the delivery date.
14. I ordered a template but haven't received the download information.
In this case please contact our Support Team: www.bitrixtemplates.com/support/
15. I would like to purchase a template, but it is not available on the site anymore.
The template has been sold out for exclusive price. Look for similar templates in our collection!
16. How can I can modify the design template to adapt it to the design of my web site or web site of my company?
Please send a request to the Bitrix partner network having provided the inventory number of your template: http://www.bitrixsoft.com/partners/order.php.
17. Are your templates Microsoft FrontPage compatible?
Most of templates come with HTML that is compatible with Adobe GoLive, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Microsoft Frontpage. Please check the 'sources available' field in the template preview window.
NOTE: We do not provide Macromedia Dreamweaver .DWT files, Adobe GoLive .SITE files and Frontpage Extensions.
18. What is Adobe Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop is the world's most popular graphics editing package. You can find more info about Photoshop and download a free trial version at Adobe website. http://www.adobe.com
19. What software do you recommend for making HTML?
We think that Macromedia Dreamweaver is the best.
20. How can I modify flash portion of the template?
You need to use Macromedia FlashTM to edit animated part of the template. Please visit the site of the developer: www.macromedia.com/software/
21. When I try to open the flash fla file, I get an error Unexpected file format.
This means that .fla file is incompatible with your Flash version. Please install Flash MX to edit this file or get in touch with our support team to have the file converted to appropriate version.
22. Can I edit flash template in Swish?
No. Our flash templates can be edited in Macromedia Flash only.
23. Can I change the pictures on the flash animated website and put my own pictures instead?
Yes, you can.
24. What is the best place to find photos/images for modification of my template?
We recommend you to purchase images from www.gettyimages.com.
25. Is it possible to use your templates to develop websites for my customers?
Yes. It is perfect for designers who want to offer their customers a high-quality design and also save time and money. Mind that when you purchase the template with oridnary or exclusive licence you're entitled to create only one project (one domain name).
26. Can I put low resolution thumbnails of templates on my website for my clients to choose designs?
Yes, of course.
27. Can the Bitrix company assist me with editing the design template?
Bitrix does not provide such services itself. You can send a request for the design modification to the Bitrix partner network: http://www.bitrixsoft.com/partners/order.php. The Bitrix partner network includes hundreds of companies in variety of countries which are concerned in web design, to find company that satisfies your needs most.
28. Do you provide Macromedia Dreamweaver .DWT files, Adobe GoLive .SITE files and Frontpage Extensions?
No. We provide you only plain HTML files.
29. Are your templates compatible with any CMS?
The BitrixTemplates.com project was started to provide users with an option to select and order the desired template for use with Bitrix Site Manager. We guarantee full compatibility with software produced by Bitrix, Inc. only. Templates are not guaranteed to be compatible with other systems.
30. How long will you keep my download link live?
Your download link will be active within 90 days after the order delivery.